The Pre-Primary School Program at Mount Litera Zee Schools comprises Nursery, Lower and Upper Kindergarten (LKG and UKG).Early childhood education serves as the foundation for all future learning. It is the period of learning to learn. The MLZS pre-primary curriculum is delivered through the ILLUME methodology that was identified and perfected in a sister concern of MLZS, Kidzee, Indian’s largest preschool chain. ILLUME pedagogy is based on the following assumptions.
- Every child is unique
- Every child has infinite potential
- Every child is born with an innate desire to learn
- Every child learns best through observation
- Every child learns and constructs her own knowledge in multiple ways
The ILLLUME curriculum focuses on the developmental milestones in the areas of cognitive, linguistic, creative, social and physical development. This learning design leads a child to inquire and seek answers or to find answers on her own. Questions become the order of the day making thinking and creativity to be the norm.
It seeks to give a complete experience to the child within the child’s range of experiences and understanding. This approach goes a long way towards shaping a wholesome and healthy personality and gets the child prepared for the primary program.
- Children learn better by the practical knowledge rather than theoretical approach of education. The pre primary students learn through the unique teaching aids like talking Pen, Tabs etc and hands on experience to gain the knowledge in an interesting way.
- In early age, learning doesn’t end within the boundary of the class room; the literans continue their learning through the Field trip, Outdoor classes, school tour, physical education classes and swimming classes.
- The ‘HIGHER ORDER ENGLISH LANGUAGE VOCABULARY’ aka HOELV program helps the students of pre primary to develop their vocabulary and start using language in such a way which makes them different from others.
- No Screen day- NSD- During the time of online learning, the program like NSD gives a break from the screen yet the learning continues. These activities make children life-long learner and innovative.
- Physical Skill Development – PSD – The quality like lifelong readiness comes from the program like PSD. It is an integral part of the curriculum.
- PSED – Personal Social Emotional Development – Through this program children develop foster physical development, learn self control, builds confidence and enhance fine motor skills.